Position: Senior Accountant
Date posted: 2023-01-21
Industry: law firm
Experience: 3 to
Bachelor’s Degree holder
Salary: AED 28000
Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Hiring Senior Accountant for an international
law firm in Abu Dhabi
Salary: Up to AED28,000 per month
Our client, an international law firm
is wishing to recruit a senior accountant from the professional services sector
for a newly created role. The successful candidate must have worked in
partnerships for a top-tier law firm or consulting firm.
- Preparation of monthly payroll files,
including updates for new joiners, departures, salary changes, bonuses, etc.
- Coordinate review of payroll file with
designated Firm professional.
- Preparation of annual budget files and
mid-year forecast of budgeted expenses for Abu Dhabi, when needed.
- Preparation of select annual surveys and
- Coordination with external auditors and local
tax service providers, when necessary.
- Prepare and upload select journal entries
related to payroll, VAT, etc. and coordinate posting with designated Firm
Accounting team members.
- Preparation and filing of the quarterly VAT
- Corporate credit card processing &
- Assist when necessary with Accounts Payable
and expense report review and inquiries.
- Provide support for other operational
accounting activities across European offices, as needed
- Other ad hoc requests, as needed.
- Strong educational background. Undergraduate
or Graduate degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Attention to detail and ability to work
independently in a fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Arabic language skills considered a plus.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Conducts self in a positive, professional
- Willing to learn from multiple sources; able
to apply gained skills across various responsibilities.
- Possess a sense of urgency and willingness to
build effective working relationships with key members of the Firm.
- Proactive individual who uses common sense and
a fact-based approach to address issues and communicate solutions.
Other Personal Characteristics:
- Friendly, positive communicator capable of conversing at all levels.
- Capable of learning organizational and prioritization skills to assist in executing multiple tasks.
- Takes ownership and responsibility to complete assignments within the prescribed schedule.
- Team player who shares credit for accomplishments with others and keeps the Firm’s best interests foremost.
- We are seeking to secure this person with a late Feb, or early March start date.