Position: Senior Unix Engineer
Date posted: 2023-11-17
Employment type: Full Time
Experience: 6 to 10 year
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree holder
Salary: AED 5000 to 10000
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Looking for Senior Unix Engineer
- Skills – IBM AIX with Storage & Unix.
- Location – Dubai
- Exp Range – 6-10 Years
- Position – 6 months contract (extendable)
- Notice period:- 30 days
General Skill Sets
- Candidate with banking experience in large scale environment
- Should be able to work in fast phased environment
- Familiar and clear understanding of ITIL process
- Should be able to work after office hours and weekends
Technical Skill Sets
- 6+ years of experience in UNIX platforms support in a large-scale environment.
- Skills in architecting, implementing, and providing post implementation support.
- Ensure on time service delivery to internal and external customers.
- Exposure in large-scale upgrades, migrations, and transitions in the UNIX Platforms in IBM pSeries environment
- Problem, Incident, escalation and change management in line with ITIL process.
Strong Technical Skills in below solutions
- Full Exposure in IBM AIX, RHEL Linux & HP UX
- IBM pSeries VIOS Virtualization, LPARs, HMC, NIM, GPFS, PowerHA and IBM Power Hardware
- Upgrade Planning for AIX, OS Patching, NIMADM, ALTCLONE and
- Basic understanding of Database, MQ, Web sphere, Web logic, Jboss Middleware components
- Performing system migrations and upgrade
- Exposure to security standards like PCI-DSS and CIS baselines
- Backup Restore assistance of UNIX Platforms
- Exposure and knowledge on VMware would be plus
- Cloud Platforms like Azure, AWS and Private cloud stack would be added advantage
- Working Knowledge on Net app, EMC, IBM Storage, Cisco MDS SAN Fabric is desirable
- Storage Skill sets
- Ideal candidate should have hands on experience SAN and Storage Administration
- SAN Zoning on Cisco SAN Fabrics, SAN switch configuration, backups, ISL, upgrades
- EMC & IBM Storages – GUI & CLI experience
- Power MAX, Power store, ECS Storage Configurations, LUN Masking, host groups, storage groups managements
- Replication Configuration, Failover, Failback, Split with SRDF, RecoverPoint, RP4Vms
- Net app Storage Administration – NAS, CIFS, NFS, SVMs, LIF, Snap Mirror, Snapshots, On tap upgrades, configurations
- Storage Provisioning, File shares, Aggregates, Storage pool management.