Position: Assistance Director of Sales and Marketing
Date posted: 2020-11-24
Employment type: Full
Experience: 3 to
Salary: AED 5000
United Arab Emirates
Assistance Director of Sales and
Reports to: General Manager
Direct Subordinates: Assistant
Director of Sales, Sales Manager, Sales Executives, And Sales Coordinator.
Indirect Subordinates: No indirect
- Compilation of and adherence to financial
budgets within rooms (Market mix, avg. Room rate, YIELD and Occupancy).
- Organization and monitoring of all
administrative affairs within the Sales Office.
- Identifies prospective accounts and
establishes goals for Key Accounts by analyzing historical data and other
statistical information and also by conducting accounts interviews and
preparing customer action plans.
- Attends fairs in order to represent the Hotel
and/or region within a both according to the action plan within the
Business/Marketing Plan of the Hotel. The fairs are attended in co-ordination
with the Regional or Corp. Sales.
- Priority in sales activities are to be given
to this market, for the local travel trade as well as for the corporate
- Has to be worked on in close co-ordination
with the General Manager according to internal regulations.
- Regarding the availability and the
co-ordination of rooms for high booking periods the final approval of
availability is taken always by the Hotel operation’s management.
- Emphasis on right market mix to maintain the
quality of the product and to minimize market dependence on long term.
- Regular meetings with the hotel operation
(Rooms Division, Reservation and Food and Beverage) have to be held to exchange
information and problem solving.
- Prepares and transmits the Call Reports on a
weekly basis to the supervisor and/or the General Manager. Establishes a
Monthly Report which includes the summary of the past activities, prospection
and trends, and analyses competitor’s sales and promotion efforts, forecast for
all sales activities and production/conversion figures. Attends once a month
hotel’s Sales/Rooms Division and Credit meeting.
- Targets to achieve key figures from key
accounts / key markets through preparation and execution of proper action plan
for his/her field of responsibility.
- Conducts rate market surveys to advise
management of actual market trends.
- Establishes and co-signs contracts with
Inter-National Tour Operators/Corporate respecting the Rate Policy and Contract
Policy together with the General Manager. He/she conducts prior discussions
with the partners to prepare final contracting.
- Establishes monthly reports according to
- Maintains a monthly overview of vacation- and
public holiday balance of all sales staff and delivers a monthly consolidated
summary to the Human Resources Manager.
- Submits Expense Reports as and when required.
- Involvement in establishing the Price Policy
together with the hotel’s management.
- Is co-responsible for the settlement of
outstanding, respectively the follow up on a regular basis towards local Travel
Trade to match credit policy (settlement within 30/60/90 days) in close
co-ordination with the Credit Manager / Rooms Division.
- Comply with hotel rules and regulations and
provisions contained in the employment handbook.
- Comply with company grooming and uniform
- Comply with timekeeping and attendance
- Actively participate in training and
development programs and maximize opportunities for self-development.
Customer Service Duties:
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance
with industry expectations and company standards to include:
- Being attentive to guests.
- Accurately and promptly meets guest
- Understand and anticipate guest needs.
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest
- Be able to promote the hotel (THE ACT and 72
Hotels) products and services.
Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate Awareness of Health and Safety
policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and
within H and S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same.
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to
occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid
and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation
and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Log security incidents and accidents in
accordance with hotel procedures.
- Comply with the company corporate code of
conduct at all times.
- Familiarize yourself with the company vision
and values which link to the model of desired behaviors that all employees are
expected to display.
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role
as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business
- Have the desire and ability to improve your
knowledge and abilities through on-going training.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with
colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries.
- The above tasks are considered to be
predominant job tasks; therefore, you could be delegated to conduct tasks as
instructed and not included in the above.
I understand and agree to the Duties and responsibilities as outlined in the job Description.