Position: Senior Software Engineer
Date posted: 2023-11-06
Industry: Food Delivery
Employment type: Full Time
Experience: 5 plus year
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree holder
Salary: AED 10000 to 20000
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Senior Software Engineer – Android
When you think of food delivery in the MENA region, we’d be pretty surprised if talabat didn’t pop into your mind first! Since delivering our first order in Kuwait in 2004, we’ve grown quite a lot over the past 17 years.
Today, we deliver hundreds of millions of food orders, grocery items and other products per year, to our customers in nine countries throughout the region with more than 3,000+ employees! Our food delivery business works with over 27,000 brands and almost 50,000 branches, while our q-commerce concept, talabat mart, now delivers groceries to customers in Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman Qatar, and the UAE in 30 minutes or less!
Our philosophy is to make sure we do what is right for our ecosystem – our customers, our partners, our people, our riders, and the communities in which we operate. Our #techforgood program allows our customers a safe and convenient way to contribute to important causes in their community through donating to local and international charities directly on talabat with a focus on food insecurity in the region. Since its inception in 2020, we have facilitated the donation of well over 1 million meals to those in need, as well as donated over $1.5 million to charity with the help of our partners and customers. talabat is part of Delivery Hero, the global leader in online food delivery and q-commerce.
As a Senior Software Engineer – Android, you will work on our next generation ordering platform to create a smooth and easy ordering experience for our customers.
If you’re a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you.
- Design, write and deliver software as a solution to an end to end problem in your business domain in accordance with our engineering standards in small batches. Collaborate closely with all disciplines in your team.
- Inspire other talented engineers in cross-functional, self-organized team, working in an agile development environment to discover, innovate, implement, deploy and own end-to-end complex software solutions
- Support and mentor other engineers in their growth. Create and review RFCs to foster a broad insight into our overall app architecture
- Understand your business domain and work with product as well as the business stakeholders to drive desired outcomes
- Critically question and drive improvement of our processes and solutions
- Reason about tradeoffs and evaluate new solutions to elevate your team and tech organization
The Following Experience Is Relevant To Us
- 5+ years of Android application development with Kotlin, Java and well-known application frameworks
- Deep experience in Android-specific application development, best practices, and publishing in the Play Store
- Proficient in testing and TDD, focusing on automated end to end quality
- Expertise in design patterns, data structures, algorithms and OOP
- Strong understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Strong familiarity with the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, emerging technologies
- Experience working with agile practices and good understanding of lean/agile values & principles
- Strong knowledge in source control preferably Git
- Familiar with Analytics and A/B testing tools
- Proficiency with continuous integration and continuous deployment tools and techniques to keep the development branch always in a releasable state
- Self-motivated, structured working style
- Highly analytical thinking team player with good communication skills in English
- Open to work with emerging mobile cross platform frameworks, e.g. Flutter
- Good eye for design would be a plus
- Working within talabat means access to perks and benefits that are adjusted to your circumstances:
- Dynamic & innovative environment where you’re not constrained by the boundaries of your role
- Building the fastest growing, largest and most valuable network of online food ordering services in the world
- Working with diverse, cross-cultural teams from over 50+ nationalities
- Company events, hackathons, cultural and sports events
- Comprehensive healthcare
- Relocation package
- Competitive remuneration