Position: Operational Accountant
Date posted: 2020-08-22
Employment type: Full
Experience: 3 to
Degree Holder /Professional Qualification
Salary: AED 10000
Location: Dubai, United
Market Securities Dubai
Limited are looking for an Operational Accountant to join their office in Dubai
International Financial Centre
This role will be to support
the London Accounts Team
UAE Based Candidates
Hiring Operational Accountant
Department/Team Finance Reporting To Finance Managers Role Summary: This is a
role with huge variety that will give an already experienced candidate a
fantastic opportunity to get involved in all aspects of a Finance Department.
The role includes sole
responsibility for the Firms Global Accounts Payable Functions, for which we
require someone who is well established in using their initiative to streamline
and improve processes whilst keeping invoices, queries and payments well organized,
efficient and up to date at all times.
In addition, you will also
provide high quality support to all other Finance functions including but not
limited to treasury management, cost analysis, assisting with year-end audits,
weekly & monthly reporting as well as the opportunity to both lead and
assist in ad hoc projects.
Finally, there is also an
Accounts Receivable element to the role, for which you are responsible for our
Research Ledger and Cash Allocation for Global AR.
This involves invoice
generation, ledger analysis, cash collection tracking, monthly cash
reconciliations and SAGE Cash allocation. Key Accountabilities:
- Review and processing of invoices onto internal
invoice capture system (YOOZ)across all entities
- Preparation and processing of individual and
- Posting bank transactions to journals, ledgers
and other records
- Reconciling and monitoring supplier accounts
- Resolving discrepancies and issues with vendors
and internal departments
- Preparing multicurrency treasury reports
- Managing any FX requests from within finance or
- Managing recharges to broker and intercompany
- Assisting with month end closing in KBL (monthly
journals for revenue, depreciation, accruals etc.)
- Assisting with year-end auditAccount
- Collection of Research brokerage revenue from
current month to aged debt in accordance withtargets.
- Contact customers on a weekly basis inorder to
confirm payments and identify any issues with payment.
- Ensure distribution of Research invoices to
customers on a weekly/quarterly basis.
- Solely responsible for application of AR &
Research cash to Sales Ledger.Both areas require:
- Resolution of queries in an accurate and timely
- Maintain quality relationships with customers,
brokers and internal department heads.•Assist with monthly reporting Duties
& Ad Hoc Tasks/Projects.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Good knowledge ofDatabase development
- Experience with Macros
Closing date for applications Thursday 27th August 2020