Position: Mep Engineer Vacancy
Date posted: 2020-10-30
Employment type: Full
Experience: 5 years
Gulf experience or other suitable discipline qualification with minimum 10 years’
Degree / Diploma
Salary: AED 10000
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Mep Engineer Vacancy in Abu Dhabi
The MEP Engineer (Electrical /Air
Conditioning /Plumbing) is responsible for the engineering success of the
discipline/element of service within the scope of the contract that falls to
He is to ensure that all activity
including testing, inspection, planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and
reactive and additional works associated with the contract is completed in full
accordance with the overarching Regulations and Code of Practice e.g. For
Electrical works this will include but not be limited to:
He is also to ensure that:
- Risk Assessment and Method Statements are
completed for activity and that all work is undertaken safely and at all times
in accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy.
- Permits to Work (PTW) are issued where required
before work commences.
- Lock off procedures are incorporated into PTW,
and at all other times as and where necessary.
- Work is completed in accordance with the
Company Quality System and procedures and the Contract Quality Plan.
He will ensure that all statutory
testing and inspection is planned and undertaken at the frequencies determined
in the Regulations and that PPM is planned and completed in accordance with the
frequencies recommended by the manufacturers of installed equipment If this
information is not available then the MEP Engineer is to employ best practice
and accordingly plan and schedule test and inspection and PPM works on the
Computer Aided Facilities Management System (CAFM) and ensure these tasks are
complete timeously and at the planned frequency.
He will assist the Facility Manager in
every aspect of the work and service provision and maintain a Technical Library
for reference purposes, this comprising of the above documents, manufactures
data sheets, wiring diagrams, drawings and recommended spares etc. He will
ensure ‘As Built’ drawings provided by the client at contract start are
suitably maintained and available for reference purposes. He will ensure
Quality records and contract documents related to his responsibility/package of
activity are maintained and available for inspection and audit at all times.
The MEP Engineer is to ensure all
supervisors and operatives falling under his responsibility/package e.g. electrical
supervisor and electrical technicians are at all times adequately qualified,
trained and experienced for the activity being undertaken.
He is to review the training needs of
the package/discipline workforce and agree with the Facility Manager the
training budget and delivery of training.
He is also responsible for ensuring
that sub-contractors and specialists are at all times adequately qualified,
trained and experienced for the activity being undertaken and that all work is
The MEP Engineer is responsible to the
Facility Manager in all matters.
- As above plus:
- The MEP Engineer must ensure he is fully
acquainted with and has good understanding and knowledge of the applicable
Statutory Regulations and the Emirate Municipality Health and Safety Codes of
Practice for Construction Projects and enact the company safety policy and
procedures as relevant to all work activities falling to his responsibility.
- He must ensure that all MEP supervisors and
operatives are qualified and adequately trained for the tasks undertaken and
are made fully aware of their duties and responsibilities. In the absence of a
safety plan, the MEP Engineer must draw up a safety plan in co-ordination with
the safety officer.
- Ensure that all work is being undertaken
- Ascertain from the Facility Manger the company
procedures to be used on site.
- Agree plan of action with the Facility
- Prepare risk assessments and method statements
associated with work activity. Complete Permit to Work (PTW) as company
procedure and at all times ensure safe working is undertaken for all
stakeholders i.e. Staff, operatives, client, customers, subcontractors and
specialists and all other persons that may be affected by the work.
- He is to ensure that all test and measuring
instruments and equipment is at all times calibrated and certified and placed
in secure storage place when not in use. Also that instruments and test
equipment utilized are sufficient and suitable for the application.
- He will regularly review supervisor and
operative qualifications and training needs and agree training requirements
with the Facility Manager.
- That all MEP supervisors and operatives are
fully aware of the relevant Regulations and Code of Practices existing in the
- All drawings / data sheets are documented and
records held within the office are clearly identified and filed when not in
- A prime function of the MEP Engineer is not
only to take care of line level and quality but to keep a full control on
checks, tests and inspections and ensure associated records i.e. Electrical
test and inspection records as defined in the Regulations, and CAFM Work Orders
associated with PPM and additional works are fully maintained.
- Reconciliation of materials and monitoring of
- Ensure the duty roster for supervisors and
operatives is in place and adequate resource cover is available at all times to
provide 52week x 7day x 24 hour emergency response to all sites included in the
contract and as per the SLA.
- Provide all necessary information, reports,
clarification of details, drawings, sketches etc. As necessary to sub ordinates
and client as may be required.
The MEP Engineer has full authority
delegated by the Facility Manager to carry out all responsibilities assigned.
Department Manager: Facility Manager
Immediate Superior: Facility Manager
Delegation: Site staff.
Interface: Client / customers, site
Expected Requirements/Skills of the
- Good MEP Building Services and Facility Management knowledge with 5 years’ experience in an Engineer capacity.
- Efficient in reading drawings/specifications in English.
- Good written and verbal communication in English.
- Experience managing and working with a multinational workforce.
- Good IT skills – Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience of dealing with subcontractors and specialists.
- To be able to deputies in the absence of his immediate superior during leave and sickness.
- Good knowledge of Quality and Health and Safety systems and procedures.