Group Accountant Dubai Required
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible for the implementation of sound financial processes and best practice procedures to ensure compliance with all legislative, regulatory and internal standards within the Finance function.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Produce statutory accounts for Now Health International consolidations.
– Prepare timely and accurate information as required by key stakeholders.
– Coordinate General Ledger accounting work ensuring that all revenues and costs are correctly allocated and monitored. This will include the preparation of regular reconciliations of accounts and its subsequent reporting/consolidation.
– Ensure that all global accounting policies and IFRS/US GAAP standards are applied and complied with at all times. Develop, implement and enforce operational and internal control procedures to protect corporate assets and satisfy internal/external audit requirements.
– Act as primary interface with external auditors; ensure audit compliance and full sign off.
– Manage full group audit process liaising with Financial Controller / Finance Director in other regions.
– Ensure that all income tax and other regulatory returns are properly and promptly prepared in order to manage and minimise the company’s tax exposures as far as legally possible. Pay special attention to inter-company and cross-border transactions with reference to transfer pricing regulations.
– Monitor global Tax direct / indirect liaise with regional Finance teams.
– Ensure that the Finance team maintains up to date knowledge of all accounting and reporting standards.
– Ensure that all the TATs are met for self and for the team.
– Coach and provide career development advice to staff; take an active interest in employee learning and development.
– Work closely with Shared Services account team.
– Encourage a culture of continuous feedback.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
– Qualified to degree level in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field.
– Internationally recognized professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CA or CPA
– A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in accounting, finance, budget and administration, preferably gained within the Insurance or Financial Services industry.
– Preferably have knowledge of IFRS / US GAAP accounting principles, procedures and standards.
– A high degree of IT literacy; advanced Excel skills are essential
– Ability to apply conceptual, analytical and evaluative skills in accounting operations and provide technical advice to senior management.
– Demonstrable track record of delivery within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments.
– Good oral and written communication skills; able to demonstrate credibility at all levels.
– Exhibits openness in sharing information and keeping people informed (within parameters of role)